Link

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Don't Eat the Cake

Yesterday we had a chocolate cake that we ordered along with lunch (there was a big meeting), not such an unusual thing since we often have sweets in the office. Yes, we are an office of fatties in case you were wondering. I knew that there was something different about this cake however. I knew it the minute our office manager took a piece and then came crawling towards my desk clutching his throat. He managed to get out a feeble "It was the cake!" before he toppled over. Did this stop anyone else from attempting to eat what I have begun to call the most disgusting cake in the entire world? No, of course not. One by one everyone in the office lined up to get a piece of cake, like the residents of Jamestown lined up to drink Kool-Aid. It was a sad, sad sight.

The horrible cake then became the big news of the day. Everyone was talking about the cake. "Have you tried the cake yet?" "Yeah it's really terrible." "Did you know that they are going to give it to us for free?" "They are? Free cake! I'm going to get another piece!"

Help me.