Link

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Sad, very, very sad

In case you haven't caught on already, I'm a big geek. A big geek with very few things that I can take pleasure in or be proud of. Today I had quite a major triumph at work. It was a defining moment in my career, one which will live on in the minds of my coworkers for years to come. I set the clocks on all the telephones back. Feel free to genuflect at my greatness and throw roses at my feet. It only took me, oh, five hours.

Not that you are interested in this, but I had to first find the manual for the telephones. This was quite a major undertaking in and of itself since I am new and things aren't always where you think they should be. Then I had to read the entire manual, which didn't begin to make sense until the 3 read through since it was written in a completely foreign language. Then I had to figure out how those directions corresponded to my phone, which controls all the other phones in the office. Oh, the power I hold in my hands!

It is really nice to know that a higher education can lead to such a rewarding position. Every single day I affect peoples lives. I mean just think for the last two days everyone kept looking at their phones and thinking it was an hour later than it acutally was. Our office would have had to live with that for 6 months. It would have been absolute chaos. I can go home tonight with a warm heart know that I can make a difference.