Link

Monday, October 25, 2004

The Master of Horror Lives in Portland FYI

I went to Maine on Sunday. It turns out it is only 2 hours away. I never thought I would be living so close to the home of Steven King. I went with Jessi to check out the birthplace of LL Bean, Freeport, ME. Freeport is a cutesy little town that looks like Stars Hallow from the Gilmore Girls, except instead of Luke's Diner all the buildings are filled with outlets. There is a entire campus devoted to LL Bean that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They don't even have locks on the doors. It is kind of crazy. If you ever have a chino emergency at 3 AM, go to Freeport.

Of course Jessi and I did a lot of shopping. We were quite disapointed to learn that the "markdowns" at the Burberry outlet were something like a coat costing $995 instead of $1,000. Um, I think you missed the point of having an outlet guys. After shopping we headed down to the harbor, because I was not going to go all the way to Maine and miss seeing the ocean. The drive was well worth it. New England is in the peak for fall colors and we got to see all the sickenly cute houses along the way.

As we left Jessi and I were blowing kisses and shouting "Goodbye Maine. We'll miss you!"