Link

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Nicki and John Attract Old Men

Two out of the four times I have been out to the bars with Nicki and John I have been stuck talking to old men. Apparently they are able to zone into the fact that Nicki and John are couple and I am the fifth wheel and then they think that I of course need some to talk to. Not so. The first time it was some Irish man, Brian, who kept telling me I have beautiful eyes, tonight it was Bill. Bill thought I needed a partner for darts (I didn't), weaseled his way into our game, and was really bad. My attempt to escape him by running out to the patio was thwarted when he followed us. Bill likes to talk about janitorial opprotunities at MIT and Harvard, being German, and the jacuzzi waterbed that he made himself. To use a phrase popular with the Peanuts gang, Urgh! Finally, we knew there was no escaping and we just left the bar. Note to Bill, when people leave the bar just to avoid talking to you, that is not a good sign.