Link

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Period Movie Proves to be Little More than Boob-Fest

Yes, I knew when I rented the movie "Dangerous Beauty" that it was the story of a courtesan in Renaissance Venice. Yes, I knew that. I knew that there would be some sort of bodice ripping nookie involved. Little did I know that it would turn into an all out boob-fest. I imagined picturesque scenes of Venice, beautiful dresses, and intricately styled hair. There was a plot, panoramic views, and pretty costumes, but there was also much more. I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that woman during the Renaissance would ride on a gondola bare chested, even if they are prostitutes. Also, there were too many suggestive acts performed on foods, I will never be able to look at bannas or asparagus in the same way ever again. Nicki also had a similar experience recently when she watched "Bram Stoker's Dracula." Her theory is that the filmmakers include all the boobage so that girls can actually convince their boyfriends to watch period dramas with them. Its historical, they are learning something. Its not like we are making them sit through "Mad Love."