Link

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Pretentious Film Selection Mocked

Last night I decided to rent a movie at the crappy Blockbuster down the street. Since "White Chicks" was all out (again!) I decided to go for something a little more obscure. I started looking in the foreign film section and decided upon "Les Parapluie de Cherbourg" (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg) a movie that came highly recommended from a former film professor. The movie is a 1960s French Musical starring Catherine Denueve. How could I go wrong! However, once I brought my selection home I was greeted with skeptical looks by Nicki. "But it came highly recommended by one of my professors." I attempted to protest. Nicki, not as enthusiastic about my choice replied, "Sure, I'm sure it's great. You have fun with that." Viewing ended 20 minutes into the film.