Link

Monday, October 18, 2004

Weekend with the folks

Pam and Pete are on their way home, probably flying over Lake Erie as we speak. Overall the visit with the folks went well. They drove me a little crazy, but that is, after all, what parents do. I was so worn out yesterday, they are like a pair of energizer bunnies. It is ridiculous, I don't know where they find the energy. They just wanted to keep walking and seeing things. I did more this weekend then I have in the five weeks that I have lived in Boston.

Highlights:

1. Dinner with Brock: Dad and Brock bonded, Brock ordered rabbit pasta
2. Breakfast with Nicki: after that P and P couldn't stop talking about what a nice girl she is, but she did bribe them with free coffee from Peet's
3. Driving the duck: Yes, I got to drive a duck (you know the combination boat/truck that goes on tours around the city, similar to the Ducks at the Wisconsin Dells). Picture to follow
4. Eating at every single touristy restaurant around the city, including: Leagal Seafoods, Finale, and Magianno's
5. Teaching my parents to risk life and limb by walking against traffic lights
6. Hearing about how wonderful I am for three days straight

Lowlights:
1. The fruit guy who yelled at my Mom for taking too long to select avocados
2. Setting off the alarm in my office building and forgetting the code to shut it off (additional post regarding that to follow)
3. Walking SOOOOO much that today I hurt in places that I didn't even know existed