Link

Friday, July 22, 2005

Pansy

"Do you have any plans tomorrow? You might want to cancel them because you won't be able to walk." This is what the instructor for the total body sculpt class told me half-way through. I had pretty much realized two minutes into the class that I didn't belong. As it was, I felt like Zed at the mercy of Marcellus Wallace. I think the instructor was enjoying watching me flail around like a fish while attempting to do crunches far too much. Everyone around me was excitedly jumping up and grabbing extra weights to hold as they bounced around the room. Damn them and their cut bodies!

It would have been nice if they had labeled this a non-pansy class. See I am all for labelling classes as being for pansies. I'll admit I am a horribly out of shape pansy. Some of us, pansies, would like to start slow with a Pansy Class and then maybe someday work up to Medieval Torture.

The good news is that I can walk today with a little the pain. The bad news is I think I might go back. At the end of the class he said "I'll see some of you tomorrow, I'll see some of you next week, and I might never see some of you again." Is that a challenge? I'll take it.



.