Link

Friday, July 15, 2005

Trailer Treats

It is a well known fact that my favorite part of going to the movies is watching the trailers before hand. I hate being late and missing the previews, it makes watching the film seem incomplete. That is why I was so excited that The Brattle had a show last night that was two hours of movie trailers. Awesome! You would think it would be boring, but the mix of trailers and the movies was enough to keep anyone entertained and highly amused. They also threw in a couple of Looney Tunes cartoons for good measure. My favorite trailers were for Trog (an aging Joan Crawford goes into a volcano and yells at a prehistoric man like he is five), Under the Cherry Moon (a movie in which Kristin Scott Thomas looks like Madonna circa 1984), Contempt, and The Green Slime.

Treat yourself by watching the trailer for Psycho. It is almost as much of a masterpiece as the film itself. Trust me.

Other notable things that happened last night:

1. Making Broccoli do my bidding. Mwha, mwha, mwhaaaa!!

2. Finding out my bidding really only consists of getting me food.

3. When Broccoli went up to get food some creepy guy with pig tails sat down next to me and TAPPED ME ON THE LEG! Seriously, how weird is that? Who taps someone on the leg. Needless to say I wasn't especially enthusiastic about talking to him. And did I mention the pig tails.

4. Finding out that you actually can get good BBQ in Boston. Thanks Red Bones.

5. The guy at the bus stop who was freaked out by the bag someone else had left on a bench. He kept trying to get into political discussions with me by saying "I was just asking myself yesterday how much we actually can trace back to Al Queda." I really tempted to respond "Just yesterday you were asking yourself this? Way to be behind on things bucko." Thanks go to Broccoli for saving me by asking me what time I had to go to work. Whew!

Only Joan Crawford can go into a volcano and tame the one they call Trog!


trog-pepsi2
Originally uploaded by Sunday Girl.