Link

Monday, July 11, 2005

Someone Thinks I'm Cute! Hee!

Continuing my streak of never being in Boston (4 weekends out of the last 7), I went to New Hampshire this weekend. My sister and brother-in-law were in town so I headed up there them to see what else New England has to offer and to see the divine Miss C. After the soggy Friday night we had in the North End it was time to get out.

Saturday we went to Portsmouth, NH. It may be small, but it has the highest concentration of hipsters. Ever. We started out by eating lunch at the Friendly Toast, overflowing with kitchy appeal. Then I purchased some cute things at the Odd Showroom, where I also flirted with the cashier. He started it! The rest of the afternoon gets kind of fuzzy, basically it was spent walking from from bar to bar and getting drinks and food. Some of the places I remember going: The Red Door (where the DJ complimented my t-shirt and gave me a free CD) and The Coat of Arms (a.k.a. the Coat of Smoke).

Sunday it was time to be cultural. We stayed in Manchester and visited the Currier Museum of Art and the Zimmerman House (a Frank Lloyd Wright designed home). Then it was time to eat again and we did it at The Red Arrow.

After that I headed back to Boston and Stecky and her hubby headed to Maine. It's ok, they'll be back tomorrow, where they will be joined by my other sister Red and her hubby. I will be sure to tell you about all of our exploits.

Also, someone thinks I'm cute! Hee! Said person also thinks I look like Ashlee Simpson. Hmm...

Pieces of me also happen to be pieces of Ashlee Simpson.


images
Originally uploaded by Sunday Girl.