Link

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow...

That is the sound of me walking through my office this morning. I am in PAIN! Why am I in so much pain you ask? (ok so maybe you aren't asking, but I'm going to tell you anyway.) I'll start at the beginning. I went to take a yoga class last night. I usually take gentle beginners which is the best yoga class in the history of yoga classes. It is basically just breathing, stretching, a couple downward dogs, and you're done. In and out in one hour and 15 minutes. Well last night there was not a gentle beginners so the woman at the desk suggested I take shadow yoga. "It's open to all levels and is really fun!" is what she assured me. I figured "why not? It's only an hour."

OH MY GOD I WAS SO WRONG! About 10 minutes into the class I knew I didn't belong there, but I couldn't just leave, that's totally weird. I had to suffer through it and it wasn't an hour and fifteen minutes it was an hour and 45 minutes. That half an hour makes a difference when after only 10 you feel like your legs are going to fall off of your body. It was all deep lunges held for what felt like hours on end. Not to mention the fact that the instructor was the most flexible women I have ever seen close up. I was totally out of my element. The instructor also didn't know how to control temperature since she is new and it became really hot in the room.

To make matters worse the coffee shop next door where I usually get a smoothie afterwards was out of smoothies. How could they be out of smoothies? Someone was lax in their ordering this week and I had to suffer for it. So to make myself feel better after the excruiciating yoga experience, I went home, ordered a pizza, and watched Gilmore Girls.