Link

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Friend or Foe?

Why is it that making a new friend can be more nerve wracking than dating a new boy? Shouldn't it be easier to create platonic relationships than romantic ones? I certainly do not know the answers to these questions, but I can tell you that my new friendship has me twisted in knots! I don't even know if I can call it a friendship yet. Are we still just aquaintances? I don't know!

Perhaps, a little backstory would help. You see a friend of my from home gave me the number of a friend of hers who lives in Boston as well. We've hung out a few times and I really like her and totally want to be friends with her, but I'm not sure she feels the same way about me. It is a delicate balance you have to maintain. You don't want to seem to eager, yet you don't want to make them think you are't interested in being friends. I mean would it be too much to call on Saturday night and see if she wants to go out. We hung out twice last weekend, but I don't know if I should give her some space.

I am much more nervous about this than I am about DB, the copper, and the KOTU combined. Do you think she likes me?