Link

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

America at it's Best

I went to Jordan's Furniture in Natick on Saturday and let me tell you it was quite an experience. Not only is there furniture in Jordan's, but you can also find a restaurant, a fake Bourbon Street, a simulator ride, a live show featuring a poor man's Blues Brothers, and an Imax theatre. It's like Disneyland if Disneyland sold furniture.

Walking in the store the first thing you see is the mock Bourbon Street complete with animatronic mannequins. Now, I think we all know I love the movie Mannequin, but these just freaked me out. They had very unrealistic movements and wore strange costumes that seem to have nothing to do with New Orleans (a French maid?). Each doorway of a building leads to a show room and you have to walk through just about every showroom to reach the Imax located in the furthest corner of the store. After about 30 minutes of feeling like I was walking in circles and not sure if I was seeing the same furniture over and over again, I began to feel nauseous. I turned to my companion and insisted we leave. Needless to say I don't think I will be hurrying back there anytime soon.