Link

Friday, December 10, 2004

Oh, Christmas Tree! Oh, Christmas Tree!

Note to self: never let graphic designers designers decorate anything. This is what I learned yesterday when I was put in charge decorating the company Christmas Tree. It was me and about four graphic designers. There was a 45 minute discussion on which lights to use (white vs. color), 15 minutes devoted to where the lights should be placed on the tree (What will create the most depth?), and finally half an hour spent discussing the location of the colored ornaments (That red clashes with the yellow). All in all it took about 2 hours to do. Next year I'm grabbing the office manager (the only other non-art person) and throwing up the decorations in 10 minutes. None of this coordinating and trying to make things look nice nonsense. At least I had the James Brown Christmas CD to see me through.

Oh, and I was forced to dim the lights by my desk so that the people could see the Christmas lights better. I think I might be losing my eyesight.