Link

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Band Slated for Guest Spot on the O.C. in a Year

My attempts to see Blonde Redhead at the Paradise last night were thwarted when I discovered that the show had been rescheduled to Sunday. I was forced instead to enjoy the sounds of Violet Nine, a band formerly from Boston who now reside in New York. It didn't take long to discover that I did not like them. I don't exactly know what put the nail in the Violet Nine coffin. Perhaps it was the fact that they sound like a Maroon 5 cover band. Maybe it was the lead singer's signature dance move of pointing up. What's the matter Johnny? Do you need to remind yourself not to sing flat? Do you want to distract the audience from the fact that your band is mediocre by saying, "Hey look up there. See that?" I don't know. All I could do the entire time that I watched them was think, "Yep, they'll be playing at the Bait Shop in a year or two. I'm sure Seth Cohen will be really excited."