Link

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

So this it...

...my last day as a 23-year-old. I don't know why, but I am kind of sad about that. I feel like I have to be an adult now. I can't go out on all night binges at intergalatic keggers and hang out with frat boys. Not that I would necessarily do that anyway, but I would still like to have the option. Do I have to start dressing sensibly? Do I need to purchase a Roth IRA and a 401K? Do I actually need to find out what those things are? Should I start saving for my retirement? Should I find a job that will actually pay me enough to save for my retirement? Should I buy a house? Set down some roots and watch them grow? This is making my head spin.

I feel like I should have some sort of plan, but all I want to do for the rest of my life is make enough money that allows me to go out on the weekends, see a few shows, and travel around the world a few times. That sounds like a good plan to me. I laugh in the face of responsiblity! Ha ha! I don't need to act like an adult, just because I am one year away from being able to rent a car. I am an adult and I can do what I want and that includes living in an apartment forever, forsaking my retirement and partying like Mick Jagger until I die. Yeah, that's right! So come on 24, come and get me!