Link

Monday, November 15, 2004

Somebody's getting married...

So the big wedding weekend has come and gone. Overall I will have to say that I had a very good time and I usually hate weddings. My sister looked beautiful and she and her new husband seemed very happy. I am completely exhausted now, but it was well worth it.

Highlights:
1. I must get this out of the way first, since it is the most important part of the weekend as far as I am concerned. I was totally smoking hot! Great hair, great dress (thank you Tracy), great shoes, great nails, and great makeup. As soon as I get my pictures developed and figure out how to post them I will give you proof.
2. Hanging out with my family. I have to admit that they are all pretty cool. I'll stop now before I get all sappy.
3. Riding around in a limo from the 80s and drinking champagne.
4. Having an excuse to eat whatever I wanted (it's a celebration).
5. Dancing with my dad and my uncles. I have exceptional dancers in my family.
6. Dancing to fast songs and pretending to be a rock star.
7. Finally getting to sing "Somebody's Getting Married" from the Muppets Take Manhattan with meaning. Along with the following dialog:
Person 1: Are they here yet? Did we miss it? Are we late?
Person 2: No it's only just begining?
Person 1: Oh boy! Me can hardly wait!
Person 2: This is so exciting it's the wedding of the year.
Person 1: Can't we start without them?
Person 2: No we can't until they're here.

Lowlights
1. Having a five minute layover in Memphis and realizing how out of shape I am when I had to run across the airport to make my flight. However, I did get to say "I was in Memphis for five minutes today."
2. The airline lost my luggage in Memphis. Apparently my luggage can't run as I can. Although it did give me the opprotunity to sing Marc Cohen's hit "Walking in Memphis" with my own words. "My luggage is in Memphis, luggage in Memphis..."
3. Getting attacked by Gary, my sister's cat.
4. Being told by a four year that I was not allowed to dance.