Link

Monday, November 15, 2004

Do you think he noticed?

Last night I ran into a friend's husband waiting to get onto the T. I totally could not remember his name, but being the bold/shameless person I am I talked to him anyway. I went up to him and said "Hey, aren't you Shelia Johnson's* husband?" If that wasn't obvious enough I spent the rest of the conversation referring to him as Shelia Johnson's husband and it lasted for a while. We were on the T together for about 6 stops. I don't think he remembered my name either since he only called me "you." I'm supposed to get together with him and his wife for dinner sometime. Let's hope I remember his name by then and I don't have to spend the entire night saying things like, "So Shelia, Shelia Johnson's husband, how are you doing?"

*Names have been changed to protect the innocent