Link

Thursday, November 10, 2005

I watched the movie Connie and Carla yesterday. The film is about two musical obsessed sisters who after they witness a mob hit hide out in Drag club where they become performers and then a hit on the cabaret circuit. My sister, Stecky, says the film could also be called Sunday and Stecky. Whatever could she mean by that?

I mean just because one of the only rules that ever had to be enforced at our dinner table was "No singing at the table."

...And that we spent the better part of our childhood performing plays written by ourselves in the basement. Including a big show stopping medley paying tribute to California that was later featured in a movie we made up where I play Inga a foreign exchange student from Sweden.

...And that we half talk/half sing to each other instead of having actual conversations.

Doesn't mean that we are anything like Connie and Carla.

Oh lord. I just hope we never witness a mob hit.




Sunday and Stecky... I mean Connie and Carla