Link

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Monster Bash(es)

Still recovering this morning from my wild Halloween weekend. Still ten times tamer than any Halloween I ever saw in Madison, but since I'm a resposible working woman now, it doesn't take much partying to knock me on my ass. So, let's see what I did this weekend, shall we?

Friday:
Went out for pre-party, pre-picking up Beautiful Lis drink with the Lighter Guy. We went to the People's Republik. Again. Why do all my dates take me there? Do I have a tatto on my forehead that says I love the People's Republik that I have been unaware of until now? Not that I dislike that bar, it's just the bartenders are going to start getting the wrong idea about me.

I digress. I had a charming time with the Lighter Guy and was excited to see him in two hours at his friend's halloween party. Fun.

Beautiful Lis blew into to town and I got to freak her out with my doll make-up and jazz hands. Do you really want to know the rest of that story? I will tell you this though, Lis would be so easy to pickpocket.

Once we got to my house, my Train Friend came over and we got all girly and giggly, forced my roomate to take pictures of us, and then headed out to Brighton.

The party was your typical house party. Mysterious concoctions were passed out to those who were brave enough to stray away from the safe drinking area of the keg. A donation was required before a cup was offered. And someone who was obviously a friend of the host was spinning. The people who were not in costume were all wearing their best hipster duds, either that or they were all wearing the same costume. By the way, I totally know what I'm going as next year.

Lis managed to give James Bond her phone number and my Train Friend roused the interest of a dude in the Air Force. Other than that it was the usual drinking, dancing, and debauchery that you would expect from your typical house party.

Saturday:
Lis and I head out to her sister's house to see her niece and nephew. No pumpkin carving, but there was some fun with Halloween decorations. Also, it totally snowed. I'm not talking about a few flakes here and there. There was legitimate accumulation. I thought we had a deal Mother Nature, not until November at the earliest. That's it. I'm totally going back to using aerosol.

The kids were cute and fun and a nice contrast to hordes of druken twenty-somethings. However, as much as I like kids, it's always nice to give them back to their parents. Lis' sister asked me if I ever wanted them and I said "Hell no." without even thinking about it first. Then I tried to back track and not be offensive to the new-ish mom, but it was too late.

Later that night Train Friend, Lighter Guy, and I got lost in Somerville looking for that night's party. It was not fun, but we were all surprisingly mellow about. The theme for the party was the 2nd Circle of Hell. I'm not quite sure how the theme was really executed, but there was an ice luge and a guy dressed as the devil. Also, we totally walked in on people getting busy in the coat room so that kind of fits in with the theme.

Sunday:
Exhausted I just chilled on my couch all day. I watched Heart and Souls and totally balled like a little baby. I was really glad I was alone, because my level of distress was really embarassing. So embarassing that I had to share it with all of you two days later.

After all that I have determined the weekend a success! Pictures to come.