Link

Friday, October 14, 2005

I always know how to make a good impression

So last night I had the opportunity to meet some of my new roommates friends. As always I was my wonderful, sparkling self, with a lot of absolute klutz mixed in. Let me break it down for you. We were at dinner and I was seated next to Roomie Friend Number 1 (RF #1) and as he was telling quite a riveting story about his girlfriend I crossed my legs and in doing so kicked him squarely in the knee, effectively checking his reflexes. To make things more awkward I grabbed his knee while trying to apologize and then realized that I had just grabbed his knee, which was kind of inappropriate.

Cut to an hour later as we were sitting in the movie theater, we were sitting in two separate rows since there were so many of us. RF #1 was sitting in front me and I think you can see where this is going. A preview for Zathura came on and as I began to tell my neighbor how much I hated Jumanji and all other similars films and stories, I got a little excited and accidentally kicked the seat in front of me. Only I missed the seat and hit RF #1 shoulder instead.

As if this wasn't enough, leaving the theater I almost tripped on the escalator and into RF #1. Luckily, I caught myself in time, but I don't think I'll be getting any good reviews from RF #1 any time soon.