Link

Friday, October 07, 2005

Terrorism and Romantics

I'm heading down to New York this weekend to visit Beautiful Lis. My mom has offered to send me money to take a cab the entire time I'm there. What do you guys think? Should I take the cabs around NYC for two days or should I risk life and limb on the subway and pocket the cash? Decisions, decisions.

Something that is probably only of interest to me: I'm currently reading The Vagabond, which I purchased used at the Booksmith. I like to buy used books and imagine the "life" that they had before. Who has read it, where did they take it to read, etc. Yes, I really am a little bit of a romantic at heart. Yesterday, a receipt fell out of my book. Apparently it was purchased at the Amherst Bookshop on April 17, 1985 for $2.75. This would be slightly more impressive if the book looked like it had actually ever been opened. My guess, some student at UMASS bought the book for class, but never actually read it. A shame really.