Link

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Wedding Madness!

The Bride and Groom on their big day






So the wedding was fabulous and filled will all sorts of debauchery, scandal, and general insanity. The bride looked gorgeous in her gown and the groom cried tears of joy. Awww... Seriously, one of my favorite couples. Ever.

I couldn't really think of a good way to handle all of the details of the weekend, so I decided to go with time honored method of using a highlights list. Enjoy!

Highlights:
1. The inclusion of "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler on the wedding favor CD, chosen by the best man.

2. The 13 year-old usher passing out during the ceremony.

3. Not a highlight, but I missed the cake! I was outside talking to people and I missed it! Still a little miffed about that one. Everyone knows I love cake, couldn't they have saved me a piece. What kind of friends do I have if they can't even save me a piece of cake. It had raspberry filling. I missed raspberry filling! I guess I'll just have to visit the bride and groom on their one year anniversary and partake in the cake eating tradition.

4. My date obsessing over what to wear, calling me several times to ask me what color my dress was, and then finally going out to buy a shirt and tie to match my dress. I just told him to wear a sport coat in case I got cold, a direction which he totally ignored.

5. Seeing pretty much everyone I ever hung out with in college and then partying like it was 1999.

6. Being called Shellerson again. It's been a while since I heard that one. And if you don't already call me Shellerson, no you may not call me that.

7. The power hour before dinner while the drinks were still free.

8. Ending up at the rowdy table. Where the hell else would I sit?

9. Watching Sleepyaway Camp 2: Unhappy Campers starring Pamela Springsteen (sister of Bruce) after the wedding.

10. Getting an email from date saying the end of the night was fuzzy. Success!