Link

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Captain Easy

Aternative Title: Lies and Deception Lead to Sailing Date with Rocket Scientist

So, yeah, pretty much what the alternate title says. Basically, I was hanging out with my train friend on Friday after the Rock Star got depressed and decided not to come out with us (his show didn't go off quite as expected). The Rock Star's show was done at around 12:30 and TF and I decided to try to find a bar in Allston without a cover or a line. No small feat, let me tell you. Due to the influx of students returning pretty much every bar had a line, except for the Wonder Bar. Picture this: a DJ was spinning and on the dance floor there was a circle of people watching three guys break dance while drinking incredibly strong drinks. It was like a live version of Dance 360. That is the essence of the Wonder Bar. A wonder it is indeed.

Where was I? Oh, yes. While at the Wonder Bar I began talking to the Rocket Scientist a.k.a. Captain Easy. After talking to him for a while I asked him where he was from.

Captain Easy: I'm from Wisconsin
Me: Me too!
CE: Really? No one's from Wisconsin.
Me: I know! Where in Wisconsin are you from.
CE: Uh... Madison.
Me: Me too!
CE: [Shocked look on his face]
Me: Where did you go to high school?
CE: Uh... Madison High.
Me: Um, there isn't a Madison High...
CE: I know, I'm, uh, actually from Rhode Island.
Me: Liar. [sassily walks away]

So one would think after being called out as a total liar that would be the end of Captain Easy. As it turns out my Train Friend gave her number to Captain Easy's companion and a half an hour later she got this text message:

Sunday Girl, my friend is very sorry he lied to you. He is jet lagged and would like to take you sailing tomorrow.

My reaction: Heck yeah I'll go sailing!

So, I got up very early on Saturday to go on a sailing date with a rocket scientist. I figured I already knew he was a liar, so I got that out of the way ahead of time. I know you are wondering if he is actually a rocket scientist and yes, he is. No one can talk about jet propulsion and velocity with that much passion unless they are actually somewhat interested in it. To me is just sounded like "Hee bee gee bee hee bee gee bee." Plus, he told me that his "profession" when he goes to bars is Bee Keeper. He's a nice kid who thinks he is boring and makes up stuff when he goes out, such a shame really.

So where does the Captain Easy nickname come from? Well, when I get bored I can get a little, um, creatively mean. There was boat I spotted out in the harbor named, what else, Captain Easy. I thought this would be a good nickname for the rocket scientist and told him that was what I was going to call him. He had not spotted the boat and asked me what it meant. My response? "It means you're a slut." Needless to say there probably won't be a second date. Sailing was fun though.