Link

Monday, August 01, 2005

Best Thing I've Seen All Week

I was riding on the T on Saturday and across from me was sitting a young girl probably in her twenties. She looked completely normal wearing a summery skirt and a tank top. The only problem was she was chewing on a plastic knife. She was seriously gnawing on this thing and I was surprisd that it was still intact. I was a little confused by this and trying to figure out a) where she got the knife and b) why she choose to bring it on the train with her, when the chewing escalated. At first she began running the knife through her hair and over her eyebrows and then putting in back in her mouth. Then, and this really truly happened, she stuck it in her nose and then put it back in her mouth! I was trying so hard not to laugh/look horrified, but it was very difficult. I think I might have smirked and dropped my jaw at the same time letting out a short of Gwarkep noise. Really! Some people! And that my friends is why I always wash my hands after I get off the T.

Second place goes to the crazy guy I saw on Sunday when I was waiting for the T. The guy couldn't have been more that 35 and he was harrassing an older gentleman who was also waiting for the T. The crazy guy kept accusing the older man of never having fought in Vietnam. Saying that he fought for his country and didn't protest. Um, ok dude. Whatever you say. Although I'm pretty sure you were probably an infant during the Vietnam war. Luckily when the train came crazy didn't get on. Whew!