Link

Friday, June 24, 2005

Sorority of Sin

Back in the day I was in a Sorority. Yes, that right I was a sorority girl a.k.a. So-Ho, Sor-Whore, or Sorostitute (my personal favorite). I had kind of a love/hate thing going with my sorority girl status. I really didn't want to be one, but I still really enjoyed it at the same time. The best thing about being in a sorority? The gossip. Hands down. Nothing will ever equal the gossiping opportunities that there are in a sorority. Whether it was Girl A getting an STD from Girl B's boyfriend or Girl T pushing Girl H through a door or Girl M auditioning to be a stripper after she slept with her drug dealer for coke. There was never a end of things to talk about. It was like having a 24 hour reality show in your own home only better because you knew everyone personally.

Nowadays there is very little gossip in my life. Sadly, growing up and getting a real job and only going out once a week has really slowed the gossip train. I've tried to satisfy the urge with celebrity gossip and the Real World, but it just won't do. Once you've seen someone collapse in front of a room full of girls watching the 2000 presidential election results after she has found out that another girl was sleeping with her ex-boyfriend, nothing else will do. Those were the days. *Sigh*